Puppy & Kitten Care at Your First Pet Visit at Our Pet Hospital
At Prairie Creek Pet Hospital, we understand the excitement and joy of bringing a new puppy or kitten home. Our veterinarian team in Sioux Falls, SD, is dedicated to providing care and guidance for your new furry family member. Learn more about the different aspects of puppy and kitten care, including puppy vaccinations, kitten vaccinations, and what to expect during your first pet visit.
Preparing for Your First Pet Visit
Your new pet's health and well-being are our top priorities. Therefore, when you bring your puppy or kitten to Prairie Creek Pet Hospital for his first visit, we will perform an examination to ensure he is healthy and ready to explore their new home. We can also discuss important aspects of his care, such as nutrition, socialization, and preventative healthcare.
Puppies require a series of vaccinations to protect them from common diseases and to support their developing immune systems. We follow a recommended puppy vaccination schedule based on your pet's age and unique needs. Some of the critical vaccinations include:
- Distemper and Parvovirus: These core vaccines can help prevent your puppy from suffering from these illnesses.
- Rabies: This life-saving vaccine can help prevent your pet from getting rabies. This can help keep not just your pet safe, but other humans as well.
- Bordetella: These vaccines might also be recommended. Some vaccines maybe required by different pet boarding locations as a condition for taking your pet.
Like puppies, kittens also need vaccinations to protect them from harmful diseases. The kitten vaccination schedule we typically perform includes the following:
- Feline Herpesvirus, Calicivirus, and Panleukopenia: These core vaccines are usually recommended for every cat. The diseases they prevent against can be dangerous
- Rabies: This essential vaccine may be required by law because of how it can infect both animals and people.
- Feline Leukemia: Depending on your kitten's lifestyle and risk factors, we may also recommend this vaccine.
Ongoing Support for Your Growing Pet
As your pet grows, we will continue to support you and your pet companion with personalized care and advice. Our team will be there for you every step of the way, providing resources and guidance on topics like training, nutrition, and dental care.
Schedule Your First Pet Visit with a Veterinarian on Our Veterinary Team
Call Prairie Creek Pet Hospital in Sioux Falls, SD, today to schedule your first pet visit. Our veterinary team is eager to help you, and your pet enjoy a long, happy, and healthy life together. Call us at (605) 339-8900 for puppy vaccinations and kitten vaccination from a vet on our vet team. Our pet hospital is here to help.